I couldn't help it, I had to finish the new Harry Potter book first. And then I had to get over its outcome. But here is Aimee:
close up and a bit overexposed
I started on June 1st and finished last weekend. Since the yarn was recycled from a former (awful) poncho, I don't exactly know how much I used, I think the pattern calls for 4 balls. I made a few modifications: Added two more pattern repeats, changed the waist shaping, changed the arm shaping, omitted the shoulder shaping and used a three needle bind-off. The best change I made was knitting one st stitch after each edge stitch, even when the pattern asked for a yo or a k2tog after the edge st. It made seaming much easier. At some point I wondered whether I should have left out the ribbon opening, but the weight of the ribbon helps to keep the shape, as it has a tendency to get wider. I need to put it away now. I'm sure I'll get excited about it again when I pull it out in autumn.