Sunday, July 24, 2005

Spring-Heeled Steph *

Somewhere at the beginning of my blog I mentioned I wasn't too excited about knitting socks. Oh man, was I ever wrong! During the whole Aimee trial I went to my LYS and picked up two skeins of Nature's Palette in the color spring grass, which is a softly variegated mix of aqua and snowpea green. I knitted them toe-up with short row heels, with a branch pattern from Nicky Epstein's 'Knitting over the Edge' which I mirrored to create the leaves in the middle. I love these socks, they were so much fun to knit! So please excuse the deluge of pictures:
socks1
socks3
socks5
close up
socks4
the yarn also dyed my needles:
needles
* I've been dancing around to Morrissey; 'Spring-Heeled Jim' is one of my favorite songs.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those socks! When I think about knitting socks I think about pink in the Go with the Flow pattern from IK or that exact shade of green in a leaf lace... I really need some sort of "Want to know what I will be doing next/soon? Go see Steph" button for my blog.

Rachael Elswyk said...

Those are an amazing pair of socks!
(she gushes) All I can say is WOW!

opportunityknits said...

Love the lace on your pretty green socks. Got to check out the pattern in my copy of Epstein's book.

Anonymous said...

Great socks! And great photos of great socks!

Anonymous said...

what beautiful socks. really, gorgeous work there ~ i love lace just too much!

;)

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful!

Big Apple Knitting said...

Those socks look great! Wierd that the yarn dyed your needles though!

Anonymous said...

Those are great socks! I've been wanting to use that lace pattern for something ever since I got the book. I'll have to try this out sometime.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! I love the color.

winnie said...

what an amazing pair of socks. beautiful!

valentina said...

O .... M ..... G! Love 'em. I need some now. Knitting On The Edge, you say? Anything I can bribe you with to give me your crib sheet? Anything at all? Please?

Anonymous said...

Oh what gorgeous socks you have made - wunderschön :o))

Brigitte from Austria

k said...

I was browsing through your FO galleries and came across these beauties - thanks for a great pattern. I will probably knit them as socks soon, but am currently knitting up a variation as fingerless gloves. They will probably be ready to show off in a day or two. Thanks again for the inspiration!