Thursday, July 21, 2005

Aimee, at last!

I couldn't help it, I had to finish the new Harry Potter book first. And then I had to get over its outcome. But here is Aimee:
AimeeSide
AimeeFront
close up and a bit overexposed
AimeeClose
I started on June 1st and finished last weekend. Since the yarn was recycled from a former (awful) poncho, I don't exactly know how much I used, I think the pattern calls for 4 balls. I made a few modifications: Added two more pattern repeats, changed the waist shaping, changed the arm shaping, omitted the shoulder shaping and used a three needle bind-off. The best change I made was knitting one st stitch after each edge stitch, even when the pattern asked for a yo or a k2tog after the edge st. It made seaming much easier. At some point I wondered whether I should have left out the ribbon opening, but the weight of the ribbon helps to keep the shape, as it has a tendency to get wider. I need to put it away now. I'm sure I'll get excited about it again when I pull it out in autumn.

14 comments:

kris said...

it's absolutely beautiful. great work!

Anonymous said...

Aimee is just gorgeous!! I can so relate to needing to put something aside after it has caused that much trouble but she was seriously worth it so I hope you are excited come autumn.

Anonymous said...

Aimee is just gorgeous!! I can so relate to needing to put something aside after it has caused that much trouble but she was seriously worth it so I hope you are excited come autumn.

Terhi said...

It's really beautiful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute. It looks like it fits perfectly, too! I love the ribbon in front, its adds something to the sweater. Now I am tempted to knit one!

Anonymous said...

I love that sweater. The color is fantastic and it looks gorgeous on you! You did a lovely job with all that lace.

Minna said...

I love it! And it fits you now perfectly.

Anonymous said...

It is truly beautiful!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Hi! I happened across your blog from another one (strikker) and I love this sweater. Great job!

One question, thought: where did you get this pattern?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic sweater! I love it and it looks so great on you.

katie said...

oh wow, it's stunning. i'm making one in a similar colour and i've done quite a few mods too (omitted drawstring, lowered neckline, did more reps). you've inspired me to finish it quick!

Anonymous said...

It's perfect! I love the yarn, and I love the colour, and that pattern really makes the best of it.

Anonymous said...

oh that is really beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Your Aimee is so gorgeous! I hadn't seen it till now - guess I'm out of the loop - but this is perfect timing for me, since I'm about to start knitting this sweater. Beautiful job - you've really inspired me. Lovely colors you chose, too. :)