Monday, October 03, 2005

A little bit of everything

I tried to hold out. Honestly. But you know how it goes: you read blogs, you see people buying gorgeous yarn, making gorgeous socks and then you find yourself running errands on a lazy Saturday and BF asking if there's anywhere else you'd like to go. All of a sudden synapses are breaking down and before you can try to be stoic and restrained your heart races faster and you blurt out "yarn store!". But it is dangerous to have BF as a partner in buying sock yarn. He loves the socks I make for him and gives me the sad puppy look so that we leave the LYS not just with two skeins of Koigu for me, but also a skein of Lana Grossa Meilenweit Magic for him (he gets to pick it). So here is this weekend's bounty:
GothicKoigu
Koigu in a color I would describe as 'gothic'. The camera lit it just a bit, so imagine this darker,almost black, with cabernet tones shining here and there.
MagicSocks
BF's Meilenweit is being turned into socks already. My hand was shaking uncontrollably when taking this picture, could it have been due to all that stripey goodness?
And here my wip du jour, the sweater which will be known as 'Lila'. Lila (pronounced lee-lah) means purple in German and is also one letter short of spelling lilac. Terribly creative, I know. I have one sleeve (pictured) finished and half the body (it's knit in the round). The yarn doesn't knit up very evenly, it's very stretchy. But I think it'll get better after blocking. And to be honest, I'm not very concerned with stitch appearance here, as it will be a lounge-about-the-house sweater.
LilaSleeve

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stitches look even to me. I have some of this yarn too (different colour though), I swatched VERY briefly. I cannot get used to the needle size. I never go above 4.5mm usually.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, such lovely Koigu!

The sweater looks fabulous and those socks are progressing quickly.

Anonymous said...

I hope that weekend bounty acquisition had nothing to do with my Koigu parade ;) Lila looks good, even steven! Ihre Name passt gut auf! (I hope I said that right. My German is rusty.)

MissLucy said...

I love that gothic purple color of the Koigu. It's exactly what I have been looking for. Does it have a name? A code? Some kind of number? Please tell me!!

Carola said...

Great colour that Koigu! Others have already asked for the name/number, so you will oblige? ;-) Pretty socks, and so fast (wait.. shopping on saturday!?)
How nice of your BF to a) enter a yarn shop, b) show active interest in yarn and c) actually wearing things you knit. Mine wouldn't do any of this...

winnie said...

well well...a BF who understands the need for yarn shopping. Definite keeper. And don't hold out on us on the sweater.. a sleeve? come on.. you can do better than that.

Anonymous said...

see now I think your confused. BF sounds like the perfect person to take to a yarn store to me :-).