Tuesday, October 04, 2005

K.O.I.G.U.

Koigu KPM, dye code: 1160, dye lot: 37.
We could do a 1160 knit-along, hehe, who's ever done a particular color knit-along??? Just joking. Pattern ideas are starting to form in my head already. Here is how it goes: It starts with the color. Gothic. This sends me thinking of Sadie Frost in Frankenstein, Mary Shelley, the cathedral in Reims, my early teens (I was more "Waver" [New Wave] though, think Gary Numan, Visage, Bladerunner). These might become knee-highs, at last. We'll see.
The BF: He's got some expensive hobbies, so he's a good enabler when it comes to yarn. But don't take him clothes-shopping. Just like a toddler with a tantrum ;-)
Here's another little wrap from Anthropologie, the crocheted Daisy Web Shawl. Would be perfect for the 1160.
daisyweb2
daisyweb1

7 comments:

Purly Whites said...

I vote for the wrap. It is soooo pretty and would be great out of Koigu.

jacqueline said...

that wrap and the koigu are made for each other.

Angela said...

That does look perfect. It's really pretty and has a Spanish feel to it.

Marie said...

I agree. The wrap is perfect for the yarn. Thanks for the colour code!

Jo said...

I agree - made for each other. Thanks indeed for the colour code. I don't want socks in that colour but there is no question I want the colour :-)

Maritza said...

You have to do this. That wrap would look amazing in the Koigu.

Mamie said...

Love it! I am hooked on you and your designs so I am hoping for a Steph original! Hoping and praying!