Tuesday, October 04, 2005

K.O.I.G.U.

Koigu KPM, dye code: 1160, dye lot: 37.
We could do a 1160 knit-along, hehe, who's ever done a particular color knit-along??? Just joking. Pattern ideas are starting to form in my head already. Here is how it goes: It starts with the color. Gothic. This sends me thinking of Sadie Frost in Frankenstein, Mary Shelley, the cathedral in Reims, my early teens (I was more "Waver" [New Wave] though, think Gary Numan, Visage, Bladerunner). These might become knee-highs, at last. We'll see.
The BF: He's got some expensive hobbies, so he's a good enabler when it comes to yarn. But don't take him clothes-shopping. Just like a toddler with a tantrum ;-)
Here's another little wrap from Anthropologie, the crocheted Daisy Web Shawl. Would be perfect for the 1160.
daisyweb2
daisyweb1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the wrap. It is soooo pretty and would be great out of Koigu.

Anonymous said...

That does look perfect. It's really pretty and has a Spanish feel to it.

MissLucy said...

I agree. The wrap is perfect for the yarn. Thanks for the colour code!

Anonymous said...

I agree - made for each other. Thanks indeed for the colour code. I don't want socks in that colour but there is no question I want the colour :-)

Anonymous said...

You have to do this. That wrap would look amazing in the Koigu.