Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Silly Socks

About a week ago I started a pair of socks for BF, knit with Lana Grossa Meilenweit Safari. He picked the yarn and it was a lot of fun to knit up, I finished them on Saturday. My internet connection has been problematic, so after many attempts, here they are:
SillySocks1
At some point during the second sock, I must have knit more loosely as the pattern stopped matching. But they are pretty silly to begin with, and BF loves them.
SillySocks2
I've been stalling on my Corset Pullover. I made a swatch with the Cathay, and after washing and tossing it got bigger and I got perfect gauge. So I cast on for the 35+" size and knit a few inches, but it looks tiny. Now, I know that it will expand after washing, but it's scary to knit something that looks like it'd be perfect for a six year old. Then it occurred to me I might want to knit it in the round. So it's been stewing, and I just need to sit down and do some math and tell myself it will work out.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Cute socks! There's something I probably won't be copying. Jesse would have a fit if I knit him variegated socks :-). He has colour issues, or rather issues about the mixing of colours. As for the corset pullover, I would be scared too... does the pattern talk much about ease or fit etc? Sometimes it is such a leap of faith huh?

Anonymous said...

I think many players need the ro zeny, so more and more people beginning to buy ro zeny, but we can not buy the cheap ro zeny, this problem for us is very hard, so I hope who can tell me buy the ragnarok zeny.

Clare said...

Our company is always making effort on wholesale and retail of Air Jordan Shoes, NFL Jerseys, MBT Shoes, Nike TN and Puma Shoes Men . I would like to inform everyone likes sports apparels, we will offer discount up to 50% discount for large order, especially in NFL Jerseys, if you like these, please don’t hesitate to tell you friend, welcome group purchase in our online store.