Linking to a pdf. Maybe it just can't be done with Blogger?!
Believe me, for a week now I've tried to figure out how to put this picture up nice and big, but it's no use. Tried many other things. Now my eyes hurt from squinting at the screen. If you're afraid your eyes will hurt trying to decipher this chart, then please click on it; it'll lead you to a bigger one on my flickr account. Or I can email it to you. The talented Winnie of Knitting Escapism made this chart and kindly emailed it to me so I could post it. You should check out her latest post, she just finished the Springgrass knee-highs and they are fabulous. Initially mine were supposed to be knee-highs as well, but I wasn't happy with the way I worked the increases. Looking at Winnie's, she made the increases just like I did and they look fine. So, some time in the future, there will be a knee-high pair for me too. Not soon though, I'm a little socked out at the moment. This pair was finished just a few days ago, using my very own simple pattern.
It's just a yo,k2tog spaced every eight stitches, and every fourth round it moves one over, creating this simple but lovely spiral pattern. I call them my Mata Hari socks, don't ask why. Maybe it's the delicious red, and the yo's are like little bullet holes. Yes, I have an overactive imagination. My camera savvy BF also figured out a way to photograph the red in its true color (the above photo isn't) I didn't realize you could change film speed on our little digital camera, but you can, he changed the speed to 400, resulting in very true red pictures.
The color is right on, on both my iBook and the work PC.
They are knit top-down as I wanted to get better at picking up stitches without holes. These are my best top-down pair so far. But I think I prefer toe-up with short-rows for wearing comfort.
Koigu, and I just lost the band with all the info. They softened up nicely after a bath.